home | Cloud Types | Related Technologies
Welcome to www.thecloudtutorial.com
AT&Ts cloud computing services
AT&T Synaptic has two cloud computing services in the Infrastructure-as-a-Service space. These are explained below.
- Synaptic Storage as a service provides storage space on AT&T data servers. The product is similar in concept as Amazons S3. Sunaptic Storage-as-a-Service offers standard benefits of cloud storage - elasticity (storage requirements can be reduced or increased based upon need) and reduced cost due to economics of scale. AT&T charges $.10 per GB for data transferred in or out. In addition there are storage charges of $.25 per GB per month, based upon average monthly storage. More details on AT&Ts pricing is available at https://www.synaptic.att.com/pricing. The pricing are much higher for private cloud hosting.
- Synaptic Compute as a service provides pay-as-you-go access to virtual servers hosted at AT&Ts data centers. The servers are accessed over the internet through a Graphical User Interface. The product is similar in concept as Amazons EC2. There are three choices of server size that AT&T provides:
- Small (1 CPU and 4 GB of memory)
- Medium (2 CPUs and 8 GB of memory)
- Large (4 CPUs and 16 GB of memory)
AT&T also provides a Service level agreement of 99.9% for availability of the computing infrastructure.